Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What are the differences between the 2008 and 2011 models of the Kawasaki Ninja 250R?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by bloodandbone, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hi guys, new to the forum as a new motorbike enthusiast.

I have obtained my license and im ready to purchase.
    I've made my mind up with the Kawasaki ninja 250r, but the only thing im struggling to understand is what the differences are between the 2 models, and was hoping someone would be kind enough to explain to me.

And also from 2008 till now, how many models are there? Because after doing a bit of youtube im seeing "2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 models" although i was sure there was only 2008, and 2011 model.

Cheers and Thank you very much

2. There is a new year model every year, usually the only changes are colors. Probably the same with the 2008 and 2011.

3. I know the dial faces are in white in the 2011 models whereas the older models had black dial faces. I don't think there are any major differences other than colour.

4. 2008 and 2009 were identical aside from colour choices. 2010 models had a matt black painted exhaust can and different colours. 2011 models again got new colours and added white faced dials. The IRC Road Winner tyres (Which are crap) were standardised from 2010 models onwards. 2008/09 sometimes got Bridgestone BT45's which were a much better tyre.

5. ah okay sweet, thanks for clarifying that up guys. And yeah i've heard those tyres were pretty crap