Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What a Week

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Disco, May 5, 2007.

1. Well, comenced the first day of the Learner course on Wednesday, bought my first bike on Wednesday night, completed the second day of the course on Thursday and bought all the riding gear on Friday.

Saturday I went for my first ride on my new bike. (CBR250RR) Initially it was to the end of the street and back which went okay. I then went into the house, got a drink of water and decided to head out again for another 3 min ride. As I thought I would be home in 3mins I didnt bring my phone or wallet. It was then twice around the block and off to mum and dads house (10 mins away) for a coffee. After showing them the bike I went to AF2Af3's house to show them the new aquisition which promptly turned into a 146km 2.5 hour ride through the Adelaide Hills including dodging a big black cow that had wandered onto the road.

Got home at 5.30 with the dog wondering where hell I went!!!!

What a day, what a week

Just want to take this opportunity to thank Mark for all his encouragement and tuition on riding. Thanks Mate, today would not have been possible with out you.

2. Disco's new bike

3. That's not a Disco! :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.
  4. :woot: vely niiice...

umm is the race stand bracket meant to go there?

which poor bugger gets to ride the green bike?
  5. know any other flat surfaces on the underside of the swingarm ?
  6. Glad to hear you guys had fun. Sounds like a hell of a week! If you don't mind me asking, how much did ya pick the cbr up for? mileage..? pm if you wanna..
  7. Errrm...Nee....when you have a paddock stand with those brackets and a bike with a double-sided swingarm, that's where they go :? :p

Congrats, Disco!! Get used to 'those' sorts of rides...it used to take me 3 hours to get home from work (only 5 mins away). Mum would often have a talk to me 1. for not letting her know I was going out til so late on my own and 2. making such a racket when I did get home :twisted: :LOL:
  8. Paid $5750 with 29,000 on the clock. The bike has been maintained extremely well and has a full service history as it is the Aust delivered version. B4 the purchase I looked at other CBR's(grey imports) but couldnt find one that looked like it had been looked after.

Will PM now that I am up to 15 posts yay.