Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What 2 stroke oil do you use?

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Rob_SA_Scoot, May 22, 2005.

1. The place I bought my scooter from recommended their $22 a bottle oil, but due to financial issues (like being broke this week) I've bought a bottle of Valvoline 2 stroke oil from the supermarket. Just wondering what others use and if the extra expense is justified?

2. Shell VSX-2. Castroll TTS is really good too, and not to 'spensive. Use a good oil. A good oil will see you rebuilding less often.
  3. shell VSX2 is a pretty good option which i use. fully synthetic and around $15 a bottle i think. it is recommended to pick one oil and stick to it for the life of the engine, but mehhh using some cheaper oil for one bottle won't be the end of the world.
  4. I use Motorex for my RGV...Fully synthetic Swiss oil...it is expensive, around $25-$30 per litre but it keeps the engine in pristine condition . I ride evryday and still only go through 1 litre in about 4-6 weeks so realistically it's only a couple of dollars each week. More than worth it I think! :D
  5. If money didnt come down to it, which would be the best?