Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

W'gate Bridge Catseyes: Has MRAV got any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by FALCON-LORD, Dec 1, 2009.

1. As we have two MRAV reps who frequent the boards, I thought I’d ask if they were aware of the issues highlighted in the post below regarding the Westgate?
    https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?p=1896436
    If they weren’t… they now are…
    Could it be worth investigating what research and consultation was done when it comes to these new cats eye variants?

2. Re: Has MRAV got any thoughts on the subject?

Hang on, we may be down to one rep ;)

3. Re: Has MRAV got any thoughts on the subject?

Even if they were aware of it they wouldn't (more likely couldn't) do anything about it anyway.

They will of course tell you how good they are and which Minister they have spoken to this week but the end result will still be the same.

Zilch, Nada, Bubkis, etc

It amazes me why people still put faith in the MRAVic and beleive they could do anything worthwile.

4. Re: Has MRAV got any thoughts on the subject?

I'll have a look at what you are talking about next time i go over the Westgate., which should be sometime in the next day or two.

I've ridden that entire route many times in the last few weeks and can't say i have noticed these reflectors that are mentioned....

5. Re: Has MRAV got any thoughts on the subject?

Heh? Please explain...

6. i always thought that it was technically illegal to change lanes on the bridge - it is a solid white line :) its just the cats-eyes that make it appear broken

7. Incorrect, read the whole thread your assertion is disproven.

8. It's a broken line that appears as a solid line due to the cat-eye reflectors :D

9. No thoughts at all, this is the first I've heard of thm since I never use the Westgate. I'll see what I can find out.

10. Please do, they are bloody dangerous, I lost the rear big time just trying to overtake in the wet after hitting a strip of them.

They are new cat-eye reflectors, reasonably high, in row of 5-6 of them.

They suck

11. lodge a 'formal complaint'!!

:bolt:

12. OI that's my line, find your own :p