Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wet weather tyres for a SYM VS 150

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by chronofields, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Hey guys ;), I'm getting my very first scooter next week a SYM VS 150! And i'm just wondering if you could give me any recommendations on a wet weather tyre, I heard Schwalbe Weatherman tyres are really nice... Does anyone have this tyre on their scoot? Anyone know which shop in melbourne sells it?

2. anything with a wet tread pattern and pirelli or metzeller written on it.
  3. Wet weather tyre? As far as i'm aware unless your racing it on a track all tyres are wet weather. Thats what the grooves in a tyre are for. I've got the Sym HD200, not sure what tyres I've got on it but always just get what the mechanic puts on it. I ride it rain, hail or shine.
  4. yeah but dude, there is a massive difference in wet weather performance, the pirellis are a great all round tyre, very good in the wet...

a chen shen for example are rubbish, but at 2km/h you'd not notice the difference
  5. Thanks for the replies guys, yea I'll ride around for awhile with the stock tyres... But yea definitely want to change them sometime soon. Any suggestions on shops to that sell the tyres at decent prices?