Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

wet weather riding ,great fun

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Guest, Dec 16, 2005.

1. me and a mate went for a ride today and got caught in a down pore that lasted all day it was a long ride down the mountain and very slippery,did that stop us i dont think so

2. throte on full head down and hold on lol

3. As strange as it sounds, I love riding in the wet (provided I've got my WW gear with me).
    I find it brings a beautiful kind of clarity... a focus to ones mind where all your consentration is aimed at keeping one alive and safe.

4. well blunty we had no ww gear but we could still laugh

5. Yeah I don't mind riding in the rain...I can understand why some guys don't cuz it makes your bike all dirty (but I like polishing mine up anyway), and its good practice to ride in all conditions.

I have all the 'ww' gear too.

6. open face helmet no ww gear teaming down rain,throttle wide open back wheel spining all good fun

7. er yeah ok mate :?

8. wat duncank you dont think i am crazy do you lmao

9. oh contraire !! a ride in the rain in a vented summer jacket , airy summer gloves and jeans , brings about much clarity !! .... like hindsight is 20/20... and soggy undies are not a problem when you arent far from home .
    Had a top day mark .... lookin forward to tomorrows ride (dry of course)

10. wELL I just posted in another thread about rain riding, but i'll tap away her too...
    I like wet riding cos its the only time i can get my bike to wiggle squirm and slide around in the corners.
    As for visibility, havent you's ever heard of Rain-X or PLEXUS?

11. wet is fun if you like being more sideways then usual...

12. I love the rain! :D Why??? How do you guys wash your jacket? :? :LOL: :LOL:

13. Seany wrote

This will get me in trouble AGAIN , but hey .The answer is Thats what my wife is for . :-# :-#

14. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: