Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

wet weather gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by serafina, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Well i'm finally booked and doing my L's training in 2 weeks with Ride it Right. Needless to say i'm petrified.
    They said it will go ahead regardless of the weather and to bring appropriate wet weather gear. Would anything go? I mean, what the hell do i buy!
    Bit of a stupid question probably!
    I've never driven a manual car before, but lots of experience on the bike of pedal variety and as a pillion. Really nervous!

Thanks, :)
    Sera...

2. You can pick up cheap wet weather gear that just goes over the top of your normal gear from most bike shops.
    I got a pair of wet weather pants for about $20 but i'm sure you could find some cheaper than that (mabye try camping stores too)

3. Get one of those waterproof spray jackets that can fold down to next to nothing - and like Kraven suggested camping stores are good for them

4. yeah i just brought a pair of wet weather pull over pants(?) for $25- rjay ones.. they do the trick

5. Yeah I have a pair of these, which have had a bit of use in the last few days in Sydney ;) Keeps everything in the bottom half as dry as a bone.

6. Yeah I have a pair of these, which have had a bit of use in the last few days in Sydney ;) Keeps everything in the bottom half as dry as a bone.

7. I wear a $25 RJAYS plastic coat over my leather jacket, has been on since it started getting cold and wet. Cheap as chips and keeps my dry and warm.

For pants I got a pair of Motodry wet weather pants with removable lining, very very nice I got them for $120 down from $250odd as they were last pair. I was just going to buy a cheap pull over pair but these were too good to pass up.

8.  Top
  9. The test was designed to be done in the wet, it's like a bonus if it's not raining, just fer info. :)