Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Wet Track Day Gear

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Kargo, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Hey all,

So i'm sitting at home sulking because it's raining today and i'm missing out on my track day :'( I imagine the rain is enough to deter a lot of people from going out on the race track and will admit that this will be the second time that i have skipped my session because of the rain.

Apart from the obvious concern about binning my bike due to the rain, I'm not overly keen on getting my expensive 1pc suit soaking wet. To be honest I think i have enough wet weather experience and track day experience to give a wet track day a go. I'm pretty determined not to miss out next time it rains, will just have to take it easy and be extra smooth.

Anyway...getting to the point... i was just wondering if anyone here has experience with race rainsuits? I have seen a few on the net with holes for knee sliders that are made specifically to fit over race suits. Does anyone have one of these rainsuits and what are your experiences with them? I assume you can still grip the tank properly and that you don't slide all over the seat? Do they restrict movement at all? what is your opinion on them? I imagine some people just go out in their leathers without a rainsuit.

Also, do you guys normally skip wet weather track days or do you still go out?

example of rainsuit: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-racing-rainsuit

2. Holes for sliders? Haha thats ambitious!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I guess it depends on how much rain there is. I stayed out at my last trackday when it was wet, but it wasn't exactly bucketing down.

I just let my leathers get wet, but made sure they had a good chance to dry out in the sunlight in the days following to avoid mould.

One thing that was interesting was how much the rain hurts at high speed. When coming down the straight in full tuck and pulling up under brakes, it feels like a million little needles in your neck!

Also, most tracks will not let you out on slicks if there is even the slightest bit of rain.

4. I have just gone out but it wasn't pouring. It's nice to have the track to yourself.
  5. Bugger that, pay for the day so use it. I'm just an average rider and I've been out in very wet conditions on SC's which are horrible in the wet. Gives you a good chance to refine throttle control.
  6. Just get yourself some full wets and if you know it's going to be raining all day. Chuck them on, soften up your settings and head out to enjoy a race track almost by yourself and become a better rider. Make no mistake riding in the rain will make you a smoother, better rider.
    The problem is once it starts to dry up wets get ruined very quickly.

Your leathers get a full clean and wash just make sure you dry them slowly not under a heater and they'll be fine. It's the only time mine get cleaned.

Unless your amazing.......you won't be getting your knee down when it's raining so don't be concerned about holes for knee sliders.
  7. I am pretty amazing, but not that amazing lol!
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm surprised no-one bothers with rainsuits / raincoats. Defiantly going to go out next time it’s raining.