Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

wet car crash -> alot of money down the drain here.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by NedKellyAUS, Dec 3, 2006.

1. #1 NedKellyAUS, Dec 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    i know this is a bike forum but alot of people here like all racing and this vid is wet and wild.

2. [​IMG]

Two words: acqua plane.
  3. Moved to Off Topic

Cheers :cool:
  4. i work as a track/flag marshal at the adelaide tracks including Clipsal 500 ive worked the Pro car series ( lambos ferarris porches etc)

my main question..

that first car on teh track sideways

WHAT THE FRK was there cones on the down track side of the car? looking like they had cordoned it off.

should of been yellow flags for that car at the top of the hill. and soon as the second car had hit it should of gone to red.

marshals should never place themselves track side of the car. u are ment to use the car as a barrier.

in those conditions they should never have gone trackside till the red flags. sector marshal in that situation would and should be critisised and potentially fined and reprimanded for allowing marshals to be in so much danger with so much stupidity.

over all..

2 VERY lucky marshals.

lots of very broken cars.

HUGE paint and panel bills!
  5. I'm going to use that at a marshals training day I'm involved with next month.

The problem is if the cars are on slicks no matter what flag signal it's just like driving on black ice.

Lucky boys to get out of that in one piece.

I've had many close calls, especially at Speedway, and the golden rule is never turn your back on the traffic and dive over the guard rail (done that once or twice).