Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by sez, Mar 31, 2010.

1. hi guys,
    im thinking of taking a trip from upwey to geelong. ive plotted a route on google and the easiest way and the way ive taken in the car is the monash, westgate, and princes...
    how many of you have done it and can give me some pointers? i haven't done much riding lately but am fairly confident on my bike...
    ill probably go around 12ish aiming to get there about 2:30 and leave around 8 to aviod peak hours..

thanks for your suggestions
  2. It is a fairly boring trip by bike if you take the highways. How about THIS as an option. It is more interesting, but longer and more expensive because of the Ferry ride from Sorrento to Queenscliff. It depends on whether you just want a commute or something more interesting.
  3. If you are OK on Highway/Freeway you will have no problem. Bolte and Westgate Bridge can both get a little windy at times. So if you are worried by wind that can be an issue.

Ubless you have a real reason for getting to Geelong, the route would be as boring as batsh!t and I would suggest you save yourself the time and play on the roads up Upwey way instead.

If you take cjvfr's suggestion of the ferry route, be aware that bikes are not tied down so if it is a rough day there is a risk of them falling over.