Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Westgate Bridge - Rider Down

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by enforcer, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Caged it to work today and saw a bike down inbound on the Westgate Bridge. There was one of those Citylink vans, a tow truck and a copper there but I didn't see the rider.

Hopefully it was just a break down but the saw dust or crap I saw on the road doesn't look like a good sign.

It was a dark green faired bike, maybe a kawa but not sure.

2. I think I saw a mugging today. There were these 2 rough looking guys standing near an old lady and there was a police officer. I think one of them must have had a knife.
    Coming to you live from the Imagination and Guesstimation Reporting News Desk, my name's Joe Guess Jnr Rubberneck....
  3. huh..?????
    serious post...stupid reply :shock:
  4. then you've missed ef4eye's point. Take particular notice of the last sentence. I'd call it a bloody good post myself.
  5. On ABC 774's morning traffic report they said that a rider went down on the Westgate and all 4 lanes were blocked for a few minutes. People stopped and helped him move his bike to the side - he was OK but there was minor damage to the bike.

6. yeah, when those thing slide it doesn't take long for the cases to open up and spill oil everywhere.
    The cops will turn up if there's stopped/broken down vehicles on the bridge.
  7. I think maybe it was a car rather then a bike now and it was being driven by aliens. Maybe the bridge will fall down now.
  8. :LOL: :applause:
  9. What's with people hi-jacking such a serious post? :roll:

I hope the rider isn't too badly hurt!
  10. Yep, likewise .. I hope the rider is okay too!!!!

I certainly hope it doesn't .. I still have vivid memories of when it did!!!!

For those too young to remember ....

May those who were touched by the tragedy that day .. never be forgotten!!!