Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Western Australia. Log book?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by jigme, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Hi
    When you get your car license in WA. You're required to complete 25 hours of logged time behind the wheel before you're awarded your full license.
    Is this also applicable to motorcycles?

2. licence in WA

I am new here. Have not ridden a bike yet, but have my learner's permit and will take my first lesson on Wednesday (have been waiting very impatiently now for a month!)

Anyway, from what I understand, it depends on whether the motorcycle licence is the first one you are going for - if you already have a car licence, then you don't need to log your hours. But if this is your first licence, then you do. The DPI have a leaflet called 'getting your motorcycle licence' that you can find on the net. I just tried to find it after knowing I had seen it before on their website, and couldn't find it anywhere, so ended up googling for it specifically.

Hope this helps.
  3. Hi jigme

I think helent is correct.
    If you already have some sort of license, then the whole new licensing system doesnt apply to you. At least thats the way it was for me.

Likewise, if you've had a car license for more than a year then you dont need to display P's when you get your bike license.

Then test in WA is in traffic, however it is very easy, i'm sure you wouldnt have any problems.
  4. Thanks
    I've got my moped license and I've had that since November.
    I'll call them tomorrow. But hopefully I won't need log time.
    Log time and scooter makes Sammy something something. (that was for you duffman)