Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

West Kinglake to Whittlesea = Daytona!

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Loz, Dec 28, 2005.

1. I was looking for an interesting way to get home from Kinglake yesterday and I wandered off towards Whittlesea on a whim.

Initially I regretted the decision as the road was straight, flat and boring for about 10k - but I stuck with it and found a top little bit of road just before Whittlesea.

It's ony 5-10km but it's a pretty unique sort of road in my experience; it's extra-wide, with very broad shoulder runoff areas, and there's 10 to 15 70k rated, heavily cambered corners as you go down into whittlesea. The view's pretty nice, and the road's super-grippy. It reminded me of Daytona!

I'd love to do that stretch at about 160-180kmh, it would have to be one of the best sets of super-fast sweepers I've seen in Vic!

2. It's Hot!
    I like going in both directions, but probably more so going up; as there seems to be more overtaking lanes in that direction. :grin:

3. Yeah, you're right, there's double lanes going most of the way up. Still, double lanes means you have to go a lot faster to feel like you're working it!