Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Werribee Beach

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by enforcer, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Yesterday I was riding around in Williamstown and then Altona then I felt like Forrest Gump, but on a bike, and just felt like riding.

Anyway I ended up in Werribee South and all I could see was farmland...all of a sudden I turn the road and there's a beach there.

It may sound funny to some but this came as a total shock to me and I found the beach/area rather pleasant, I'll definitly be returning there in the near future.

Anyway point of post is that Werribee Beach was a nice hidden away spot to go to and does anyone else know of any others (not too packed with people)?
  2. its called the shit farm

3. Will you shut the fcuk up!!! Those of us who know that area (the long straights with nowhere for Mr Plod to hide and the great bit of twisty near the boat ramp) have worked hard at keeping it a secret.
  4. Try clearing your sinuses before you arrive there next time and you may leave with a different opinion, or better still take a flight over the area and all will be explained.
  5. It's where I go for a quick blatt to clear the mind. Sorry Chairman - it's not that big a secret!

I've never copped the sewerage smell, but the market garden fertiliser smell can be strong. Eye watering! pffffttt... I originally came from the country... so it doesn't worry me.

There are some nice technical curves when you do the whole block... but ride warily! It's a farmland area often with mud on the roads!

The only other place I know for testing top gear acceleration without fear, are some mega long straight farmland roads around the bacchus march area.

6. In the late '80's I used to work in the little telephone exchange at Werribee South on Duncans Rd a fair bit and the sewerage farm smell was never a problem as they covered most of the ponds years ago to contain the smell but as mentioned it's not pleasant around fertiliser time.

There's an irrigation channel that crosses Duncans Rd next to the exchange and every morning a rider on a red god knows what used to go hammering down towards Werribee each morning at about 8am and get airborne over the hump. As I said this was in the late 80's so I don't know if he still does it or if the hump is as bad as it used to be, I haven't been down Duncans Rd for over 10 years.

A lot of the location shoots for things like the Flying Doctors & Blue Heelers is/was done around that part of the world and the Mini Series Moby D1ck was filmed in nearby Point Cook as well.

Everyone sh1t cans Werribee because of the sewarage farm but there are some really nice locations around the greater Werribee area, you just need to find 'em.