Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Went for my Ps today...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by MREVOX, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Pass with zero points accumulated :grin:

2. Congrats :biker:
  3. wot ^ sed
  4. *thumbs up*
  5. um. gratz?
  6. You weren't doing it fast enough.
  7. Well done mate ! Solid Effort !
    The hardest part now will be keeping this record up w.r.t. speed cameras ;)
    Though the latter are 'deducted', not accrued...wish it was the reverse !
    Congrats !
  8. You sure about that?
  9. i always though you had points then lost them,

NSW used to have ads that went something like " this long weekend if caught without your seatbelt on you will lose 6 points, thats half your licence :blah: :blah: :blah: "

but either way lose/gain points you have 12 (on fulls)
  10. Hi Lilley - perhaps a misunderstanding ?
    You have a certain amount of points.. you stuff up or get caught doing something 'they' don't like, and wham ! Points deducted off your total...hence the expression " He/she LOST 3 demerit points.." I haven't checked the exact details off the websites (got far more important things to do lately) to know exactly how many one starts with, though 12, as crash_tester has said sounds familiar.
    After a period (2-3 yrs) the person's lost points or 'accumulated lost points' (say 3 in this time) are renewed and his tally becomes the maximum allowed/given once again...eg, 12.
    Last time I 'checked' it wasn't rocket science, but if there's something you know, please share it with us. Perhaps different rules reside in different States ? In particular, the choice of words used to describe, more or less, the same thing... ?
  11. Its all in the wording, if you get 12 points you could say you have earn't the demerit points to the limit your allowed to get to. Or, you could say you have lost all of what you were allocated.

if you get 6 points to your licence you could say you have accrued half your allowed to accumulate. Or, you have lost half of what you have to lose...

You mean nasty biker you.

is the glass half full? or half empty?

blah blah blah blah :shock:
  12. yeh just being pedantic, i do that alot. nothing personal. and yes, common expression is lost points.

Actually, cant remember for certain, on the ad's does it say you will lose 6 points or your will lose half your license? two different things.
  13. Nothing wrong with being pedantic mate...I think we all do it.
    I know at work I am forced to be that way...and in the interests of peoples lives, it's better that way ;)

And without hijacking the OP's thread, again, many CONGRATS to him ! No doubt, he would have had to be pedantic (probably just skill, hey dude ?) to achieve the perfect score he did :cool:
    Onwards and upwards, dudes.
  14. grats mate!!