Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Went for my first night ride

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by chickibabe, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Hi there all ,
    just wanted to let you all know that I got my first night ride on friday night. Hubby and I went from blacktown to Wilberforce. and Oh my god it was bloody cold, I didn't know teeth could chat so much in a helmet :LOL: . But boy oh boy did I enjoy it. The only thing I didn't like was hubby taking me on some back roads., then Saturday went out riding all day out to penrith then over to richmond way, then saturday night went into parramatta, by old windsor road boy that put the wind up me but was a huge buzz loved it. Those roadabouts are getting better thankgod. So what else did you all get up.?

2. Hey chickbabe, thermals might be a good idea for you on the colder rides if you don't already have them? Also those open face balaclava/neckwarmer things are good too... if it's freezing cold I wear that and I'm always toasty warm :grin:
  3. Night rides are the best expecially in summer, i think the darkness and the quiet roads make it a more relaxing experience.

Night time beach trip on the bike = :cool:
  4. Riding at night in city areas is fun. Ont these chilly nights, though, I highly recommend a necksock....stops the breeze getting in around your neck. Makes a BIG difference.

:grin: :grin: :grin:
  5. Yep, warm night, full moon, clear sky and a highway or country road to yourself - oh and any possums or roos that wanna visit your path :) love it - not much better!