Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wellington NSW bike safe accommodation

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Gyroside, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Hi all

I'm heading out to wellington nsw next Monday it's my wife's first longer ride 650km round-trip so we're going to split it up over two days plus. The main purpose of the trip is to visit her grandfather who's 95 and the years are catching up on him.

Does anyone one know of any bike friendly accommodation out that way or least some with lock up parking as I'm not to keen on street parking or even visible from the street parking in wellington over night.
    Searched Google and found a few options unfortunately didn't find much info regarding parking.
    Anyone from the area got some local insight?
    There was a time I knew the Mayor of wellington and at that time he didn't recommend we park our car on the streets of wellington at night

Any help would be much appreciated

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Get yourselves a cabin at either the Riverside or Caves caravan park. Your bikes are then off street, and right next to you. Usually no-one wandering around caravan parks who shouldn't be there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Most country pubs have a lock- up for beer kegs and they're happy to secure your bike for you there.....

4. Thanks MouthMouth just checked out caves caravan park $70 for a cabin for the night. Can't really argue with that!

Thanks hornethornet wouldn't have thought of that, will definatley been using that in the future thanks for the tip

• Like Like x 1
  5. I agree with Mouth's suggestion of the Caves caravan park; out of town is better. All the best with your trip.