Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Well you dont see THAT everyday!!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by BoogieMan, Jun 10, 2005.

1. On My into work this morning riding down LaTrobe St I pulled up at Elizabeth at the lights and while I waited I saw a car turn west into collins and stop about a 3rd of the way into the turn........ Suddenly the bike behind it swerved out and took off lifting the front wheel accross the span of the intersection (and then some :p ) and then dropping it quite softly even with the pillion on the back....... :) :) :)

Ok well that may not sound too unusual....... :?

But the bike was a Harley (Looked like a Softtail) and he got the wheel what looked to be about 2-3 feet off the ground and did so for a good 4-5 metres past the intersection :shock: :shock: :D :twisted:

I'd have to say that I've only seen one picture of a cruiser with the front wheel up and that was a rocket III and I'd never seen one with my own eyes tiol today!!!!! Regardless if you like cruisers or not to lift the front wheel for that distance with a pillion is a decent effort!!!

I was impressed :D :D
  2. Fair effort indeed for a Harley. Surprised the front wheel didn't fall off when the (enormous) weight was lifted.

<ducks> :p

Not really a cruiser as such but I've seen a Warrior hike the front wheel up at freeway speeds before. Looked (and sounded) rather impressive.
  3. Heard a story from a friend who rides a Harley, apparently it's not that hard to get the front in the air, it's coming back down that's the problem, 300+kg tends to knacker the head stem bearings fairly quickly...:LOL:
  4. Very impressive , wish i had of seen that . Ok , Craig , now its your turn :LOL:
  5. what's impressive is that he didn't have to stand on the pillion pegs to get it up! :LOL: i reckon having the pillion on there helped though.
  6. i seen a hardly-dangerous at the lights once pillion abourd wheelstand across the lights... Fcuk he had to wind 'er up though, sounded like a jumbo.