Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Well tie me down and call me sweetheart

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by VTRBob, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Riding to work this morning, sitting at a set of lights behaving myself too
    hadn't lane split or gone much over the posted limits ! :twisted:

When the guy in the van next to me gets out and steps towards me with his hand raised ..... im thinking WTF and was about to react when he says
    "dont move" and brushes a bloody wasp of my jacket / neck that was about to get NASTY on me !!

Naturally i stutter a big "thankyou" as he gets back in his van.
    He says "No problem im in such a good mood today i just could'nt sit here and watch you get bitten ! "

Then he waves goodbye as the lights turn green !!

So go figger, i must be oozzing good karma today ?!
    might go ask the boss for that payrise

:LOL: :twisted: :LOL:

2. :)

Definately good karma...

3. Must be the day for it Bob !?!

I'm lane splitting between too semi-trailer trucks that were stationery ( One of them was a Linfox and was advertising the Superbikes on it's rear door :) ). About 2/3rd's along the trucks, I notice in teh top of my vision a arm/hand extend down from the cab window in a stop sign fashion. Wasn't going more than power walking (maybe jogging) speed anyways but apply the brakes. A split second later, a car bonnet sticks it's nose out across my path from the front of the truck.

I'm always wary of coming out from lane splitting beside trucks and vans etc. when I can't see what might be directly in front of them (pedestrians, cars such as this one etc.) and slow to a crawl as I exit just in case. This truck driver certainly got a big wave of thanks from me as the car cleared out of our way and we moved off again.

4. Ive said it B4 and i'll say it again trucks are the safest on the road to lane split between, being professional drivers they are the most aware of what is going on around them!

But nice one anyway mouthey baby :)

5. Yup, apart from lane adjustments, generally due to camber or wind, which can affect my splitting space I agree and largely have no problems splitting with trucks.

6. See Bob, this just goes to show that you should have been wearing your netrider neckwarmer and this wouldn't have been a problem.

buy here...
    https://netrider.net.au/?page=merchandise

:p

7. [quote="Tack

See Bob, this just goes to show that you should have been wearing your netrider neckwarmer and this wouldn't have been a problem.

buy here...
    https://netrider.net.au/?page=merchandise

:p[/quote]

Um i aready have two !!

:LOL: :p

8. I hate wasps!!

I always nod my head or wave my left hand in appreciation of driver courtesy when I'm lane splitting.

I've also stopped once or twice to reward aggressive driver behaviour... usually just a stare from behind the sunnies or tinted visor... the driver will assume the rest...

9. you ooze something Bob, but it aint Karma !

:p