Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Well it is a vent.

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by ken, Aug 20, 2011.

  1. Nice and early this morning thought I would take the bike as I had to go with a mate to pick up a mower. So on the way to his house you could imagine my surprise to find myself watching my bike sliding down the road. The corner I watched this happen is a corner I go around 3 times a week at least. The cause a substantial amount of gravel that's has been deposited by roadworks. So now i am cranky. Bike damaged but rideable. Has anyone ever had experience with this type of issue cause the road falls under the rta and there was no warning signs am I able to try and get them to pay for the damaged as I believe this would be negligent by not warning motorists? I also took photos of the road condition. And will post later. But i am okay and walking.

  2. find out WHO was responsible for the road-works (local Council, RTA, national body???) and notify that you are going to send them a letter of demand for damage. Hang around the site too, and make sure some muppet doesn't go out there in the next few days and put up signs, or fix the gravel, and then tell you you were imagining it.....
  3. What Hornet said. Go back NOW and take some MORE pics of the site from different distances, so whoever sees them can see there were NO warning signs.
  4. Yes I have herd it is possible.

    Manholes and cars sumps seem to have issues sometimes