Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Well i'll be flocked

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Al_Cam, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Just another commute home...

Unable to choose a target to lock on I just braced for impact
    • Like Like x 7
  2. should have headbutted them to death mtogp style
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. you have seen the Alfred Hitchcock film Birds ???
    • Like Like x 1
  4. This is what happened to my son when he hit birds on his CB250. He was, ahem, travelling a bit quick for his skill level as it turns out, and the birds hitting his helmet were enough to send things pear shaped. IMG_20141224_111607. IMG_20141222_143927.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. is he alright?
  6. DSC_0027.JPG
    Now, yeah. That was the weekend just before Christmas before last. The bike was a total wreck.
  7. Ouch!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. glad to hear, bikes can be replaced
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I took a pigeon to the chest once at about 40kmh, the poor thing exploded and knocked the wind out of me.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. i hit a small hawk one day traveling at 110kph "ish" probably slower as i would of backed off trying to avoid it.
    it was like slow motion, i was ducking and weaving my head trying to avoid this bloody thing and it ended up hitting the clear screen on my RZ250 and bounced off.
    i think the bird was in kill mode or something lol.
  11. So is that why they call you pigeon chest. :whistle:
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Damn a merchandising opportunity lost. One thought that sped through my mind was hit a parrot not a cockatoo.
  13. I nailed a duck once, fair on my helmet, and a pigeon on the front screen of the GPX that then hit my helmet. The pigeon hurt, the duck was like being hit with a brick!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Oh thanks. Yes. :eek: Spiders in my Helmet, stinging bugs in an open visor & now it's any flying thing is out to get me. They've obviusly stepped it up fom just sitting on the pillion hand-holds & crapping on my seat.
  15. OP at least they didn't shit on you
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Wow I realise I got off lightly! It's a roundabout I deliberately take to practise my looking where I want to go and occasionally mid turn braking as the locals don't like giving way and i admit I always enter it with some anxiety and at slow speed. This event had me in stunned mullet mode, but at least i didn't brake suddenly & straighten up.
  17. Oh i was doing my fair share of that.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. warning - incoming nickname - it was sort of high near to the shoulder. glad it didn't hit me in the face as I have always worn open face helmets.

yep, I've had a couple of bee stings, a big huntsman ran across my face at a set of lights, had a flying ant direct hit me in the eye (it looked like that pic of the pink eye that itchinitchin posted up), plus the usual moths/rocks etc. love it!
  19. Meh .. birds are for beginners ... get some roos up ya =D
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  20. #20 CraigA, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    I headbutted a pigeon at about $1.20 two months ago. It glanced off the side of my helmet and hit my left shoulder.

I had a headache from the solid contact of pigeon on shoulder and sore shoulder despite the padding in my jacket.

The pidgeon, who hadn't dressed for the crash, was not in a good way either!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1