Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Well even the big boys are sharks!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by FormerUser3, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Just thought I would share something with all of you, you can never be sure who you can trust.

I purchased a Brand New Xerox Phaser 7750GX Colour Laser Printer with a RRP of $16,000 and comes complete with 3 years on-site service, well it is only 2 months old and I have been having trouble with it, so I ring up Xerox to service it today, give them the serial No. and find out the machine is out of service and was originally purchased on 14/01/2002.

So it looks like Xerox has tried to do a cover up and sell it to the distributor as new, but failed to wipe the purchase and service history.

I have been told that this has gone to the top brass to sort out, for those that are thinking what they have done, it is fraud by a big company.

And I made a business decision to buy this machine over another good deal.

Will be an interesting outcome of which I am guessing a few people will be offering me the world at Xerox.

2. Hey Steve,

I think youre spot on, you never know who you can trust, i wonder what they find when they check the paper trail and how much they will tell you.

Let me know if you keep having trouble, not sure if they will give you a refund or anything but one of my good mates runs his own business near you and sells and services photocopiers, printers, faxes etc.

Cheers

Brett

3. You purchased a product off xerox??? Shoulda gone for renting with a service contract... That what fuji does best...

4. Well that was one of the options I was considering however my volume is only about 5,000 copies per month, plus it's always nice to own things.

5. Wait till you have to pay Xerox's prices on consumables, even at only 5,000 pages per month.
    I'm puzzled, why did you need a 16 grand printer for such low volumes (pardon me asking but I've been in computer printers/copiers for around 15 years)??

6. Steve, we bought a Phaser 7700 a while back. It has been fantastic not one hiccup. Like you say, someone has done a shifty. I would be interested in knowing where you bought it.
    Hope all goes well and they come good. We bought ours from Designwyse. Been very happy with their service.