Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Welcome

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by madsam31, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Hey guys, been lurking on the forums for a few weeks, and thought i'd finally sign up and introduce myself.

The name's Sam, i'm 19, and while i don't own a bike yet i have plans to buy an xvs650 in the coming weeks and go riding with a mate of mine (he's getting a cbr250), i can't wait

I'll probably be posting asking for advice on gear and parts etc, so it's nice to get acquainted with you all beforehand

2. Hi Sam and Welcome to the forums. What part of the country are you from?

3. welcome :D

don't forget the search function if you're after gear, parts etc. we're always happy to help with any questions you have also!!

see ya round :D

enjoy the holidays!

4. I'm a sydney-sider right here, and lowercase, yes i know the search key is my friend =D

5. Good choice of bikes, ive got the custom XVS650 in white. Where abouts in Sydney are you from?

6. Up Hornsby way, how about you?
    If you're riding the same bike as the one i plan on getting, could i ask a few brief q's about it?
    How many k's have you done on yours, and about when do any of the major parts begin to break down/need replacing?
    And would it be ill advised to buy an elcheapo version of the bike (like, $5500 with 20-30 thou k's)? Like, is there anything that can have broken down that cant be easily replaced?

Cheers