Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Welcome to sunny Melbourne

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by pro-pilot, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Welcome to Melbourne!

Forget the Spur and reefton, hardest ride of the year so far was the trip n this morning on the R1!

Stuck to the left most lane taking it easy (5-10k's below the speed limit) and braking with plenty of room to spare. All I can say is thank god for that. Saw 6 incidents on the way in, all car to car rear enders, mucho slippery surfaces and drivers right up my clacker all the way in.

Got abused, yelled at and honked for haveing the audacity to go slow in a lane (funny motorists hate you when you split, hate you when you take up a car space :? ).

Happy riding! :shock:

2. How dare you sit in the left lane and do under the speed limit. [-X [-X
    If I was sitting behind you I might have been 30 seconds later getting to work! Shame on you :cheeky:

3. Ohhhh so we are not the only ones to cop this behaviour??
    and we thought it was my NT plates that caused it :LOL:
    bloody country bumpkin on a bike sort of attitude
    oh well in case it is...6 more weeks to upgrade wooohooo

but nope....just Melbourne in general

glad you made it in safe though

Stimpy I love your signature
    I want to know about the cow laughing too

Tracey

4. foggiest day fora while. haven't seen that many motorbikes FANGING on the way to work before.

5. It was abit like me when I started off riding. I rode near the speed limit and for some reason I see what happening around me alot mote than I do now.

During the first wk of my riding saw a perdestrin got hit by a car... :shock:

The only time I got honked at was, when I was carying 24cans of coke and a Merg in the lane next to me honk me and gave me thumbs up.. I was like :shock: .

I'll try and find somewhere 2 ride 2day b4 heading off to work.... :cool:

6. Life has many mysteries Tracey, like when cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? and
    Whatever happened to Preparations A through G?
    :-k Hmmmmm

7. Common!! It's more like 5-10 seconds later! So very very important to get to work early as possible. So you can sit and sip the morning coffee reading the paper for a tiny bit extra until you can be arsed actually doing "work" at say, 11am and before you know, lunch time! :-w

8. Yeah, wasnt this morning fun!! Thank God I didnt have that far to go!!

9. some people are just plain selfish on the roads