Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

'Welcome' thread for account completion.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by boingk, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Hey guys, been here for about 6 years and posted a bit on and off during that time, just keeping up with the new forums and 'completing' my account.

A big merry Christmas to all our Netrider mates and a happy New Year as well!

- boingk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome anyway Boingk :) What fo you think of the VTR1000, injected model that year wasn't it?
  3. Nah mine was carbied. Absolutely love it, big torque everywhere and a very addictive topend. Not the fastest bike on the road in terms of speed but very competetive in terms of acceleration, and thats more what I like anyways.

Practical, reasonably frugal (6l/100km on freeway) and fairly comfortable.

Cheers - boingk
  4. I can't bring myself to say 'welcome' to such a well-known Netrider, but I'm happy to wish you a merry Christmas
  5. A mate has an earlier model with the 16 litre tank, great bike but range is a problem when touring in a spirited manner. Although I do know when we are out together I may not keep up but he will run out of fuel first. ;)
  6. The VTR-F never got FI, which is a shame. The Varadero went digital-fuelling late in the piece so they did go to the effort of fitting it to the motor in it's Adventure guise.

21 litres on the carbed VFR gets a lot farther than 16 used to on the VTR. I miss the pulse and shove of the twin though, and can only wonder why the regular F model never got another revamp later in the piece. A bit of an overbore, the trick composite cylinder liners, EFI and uprated suspension would have really raised the stakes.
  7. Cheers guys, and thanks hornet for the kind words.

The 16L tank on the VTR is enough (almost) for what I use it for, and I find any longer than 2 hours in the saddle I want to have a stretch anyway.... no matter the bike. I tend to fill up around the 200 to 220km mark.

For fuel range you really couldn't beat my old XR600R - I'd hot rodded it with extended duration camshafts, edgier ignition unit and a large-plenum air intake and it still got 5l/100km... on a 23L tank for 460km til dry.

The little 125 should get 2~3l/100km, giving 400km or so from the weeny little 10L tank. Actually really liking it so far!

Cheers - boingk
    • Like Like x 1