Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Weight limit

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by blackstorm, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Does anyone know what the rider weight limit is on a Kawasaki zzr250.
    Im looking to hand the bike down to my partner and she is around the 110kg mark. Cheers :grin:

2. If she reads this forum you are dead meat. :shock: :shock: :shock:

3. :p this is the funniest thing i have read in ages.... :roll:

Ok mate COMBINED are you both 110 kg or is it 110+you?

4. Should be fine.

Ive seen GPX's with "large" lads on them + Loaded vetura racks before.

5. Another netrider tragically injured. Currently in ICU having a ZZR250 removed from his colon.

6. 110 combined...... thats 2 very small light people.

7. Friend of mine has one and he would be about 130-140kg. 6' 4" aswell

8. hey i have no idea about the guy.. he could be at 65kg guy 5 -6 ft and lanky etc and 55kg is not unheard of for tiny girls...

:wink:

9. Oh so many things I want to say. :LOL:

10. That still adds up to 120kgs.

11. yep private school rocked..... best day care ever :wink: :LOL:

12. I pebble dashed my monitor in vege wrap after reading that. Is that a conversation you actually had with her?

"I'll give you the ZZR alright, but let me check with the Netrider guys first to see if it can support your weight"

Please tell me she knows nothing about your online query.

13. it's school holidays isn't it?

14. :rofl: your terrible Murial :rofl:

15. Thankyou for the good comments not so much for the bad for those that were confused about what i was talking about im planing to hand the bike down to her so she can ride it.

But the way if you hadn't noticed NOT ALL WOMEN ARE SMALL so i don't know why it would be seen as an amusing question. :mad:

16. Used to go riding with a friend who was 125kgs, and he was riding his ZZR250 quite happily.

It won't be a problem.

I weighed 80kgs at the time, and took him on the back as well, on mine (ZZR-250) one day when he got drunk, and I was the "nominated rider". All up, that's a total of 205kgs on the little ZZR250, and it worked just fine, although the front was very light with his weight on the pillion seat, and my weight not being enough to counter-balance it.

17. The issue is not with your partners size, but the fact that you feel the need to share her weight with us. Maybe something like "my other half is not what you would call petite"..... :? actually there is no delicate way of putting it, but sharing her exact weight? Man, she'll kill you and rightly so!

18. One could argue that a more delicate way of asking would be: "Who has had a ZZR250, and what's the most weight you've put on one?".

I would've answered 205kgs, which would've answered the original query without having to give away personal details.

19. It wasn't so much the question that was amusing - I suspect others (like me) were quietly wondering would would happen to us if we posted our beloved's weight on a forum. You are indeed fortunate to have a partner who is comfortable with such a public discussion.

Mine is out of the house right now, and I know she wouldn't mind. She weighs...Hello dear...oh, just typing on Netrider....oh, nothing you need to know about...aaarrrrggghhhhh....someone....dial 000...

20. [​IMG]
    well if this bloke can ride a little scooter im sure u will get on a 250