Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Weekend Stack/Crash/Drop Victims

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by boz, Feb 7, 2005.

1. I was looking at some of the ride reviews from this past weekend and noticed that at least 5 netriders became acquainted with the butimen or with fellow vehicles. Rather than responding to each individually (I am a bit lazy this morning... ) I thought I would make one mass post to say:

a) glad to hear that you are posting about it - obviously you are still alive (which means it could have been much worse)
    b) by reading some posts, some people definitely have not lost their sense of humour, which is a good thing
    c) and sounds like all bikes are 'recoverable' (minor issue in the grand scheme of things)

So despite the past weekend being unlucky for some, it could have been worse.

2. Hell yeah. Thanking every god I've ever flirted with believing in.

3. Could definitely be worse, while riding the reefton spur we came across a guy who had made a bone head manoeuvre overtaking a mate, over cooked the corner, couldn't pull up under brakes and ended up hitting a tree rather than follow the right hand corner around.

From the noises he was making he didn't sound real comfortable nor did his bike look that great hidden in amongst a wall of trees about 3 metres off the road.

Hopefully he is going to be ok, after stopping and seeing if there was anything we could do we left and as we were riding into Warburton he had all sorts of help heading up to him (2 police cars, ambulance and an RACV tray back truck) while 10 or so mates on bikes stayed waiting with him.

4. I'll stick my head in this thread and add my sentiments to boz's.

I think we should all be thankful that on a weekend when so many went down, the results/injuries/damage were so minor.

5. Yep .. same here too!! Sorry to hear of the "offs", but glad to hear everyone is basically okay!!! After the weather we've had we all need to concentrate at 200% when riding ... so much crap on the roads, (gravel, mud, tree bark etc).

I went up to the Nug Nug Rally on Saturday and rode in awful weather up through the Dandenongs and on through the Black Spur etc .. lot's of debris on the road, wet bitumen and heaps of tree bark and remnants of fallen trees up through the "Spur". Once past Taggerty the weather changed to fine and sunny and had a great ride from there on to Myrtleford .. had a ball at the Rally .. lots of people there and a good band etc.

Next weekend is the Redback Rally near Charlton .. that's got a reputation for being a good time too ...

Anyways, am glad everyone who came down over the last few days ios basically okay and the bikes are not too badly off either .... above all else peoples .. take care out there .. there's too many friends in here who'd be really pithed orf if ya's hurted yaselves bigtime ..