Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wee Jasper Road (NSW)?

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by lui, Mar 1, 2016.

1. I'm planning my next trip, possibly an overnighter at either Tumut, Tumbarumba or Khancoban. One of the options is to return to Sydney via Wee Jasper Road from Tumut to Yass, looks like some nice scenery along the way.

Preliminary research revealed that the road is mostly sealed except some short sections, at least a 22-seater can go through without trouble. Has any ridden that road on a motorbike recently, can you please share your experience?

2. 45 - 50km of dirt between Tumut and the bridge over the Murrumbidgee. Shame would be a cracking road.
  3. Far out! Thought I can skip Federal Highway (Canberra to Goulburn) for once.
  4. Just to clarify that's the info I got from the net and google earth when I looked into last month and not first hand experience. The info included local newspaper articles and local council newsletters so I presumed it is accurate.
  5. I road it many years ago on a road bike. Sorry don't have any recent info for you. I remember it was a picturesque run though.