Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

web site set up

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Tail end charlie, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Hi guys,

I am a member of a car racing club that needs to upgrade our existing web site or start a new one, a mini-mini-mini netrider if you like

Is there anyone here that would be interested in helping or quoting for us, along with maybe some teaching us how to "run" it?

2. Can we get a look @ the existing site?
  3. You know, the existing website isn't so bad, unless you want a really hardcore modern looking website? I'd be happy to accept a slab of Coronas in exchange for teaching you how to update the existing site, but yeah... Getting a whole new website made will be a bit pricey if you want something that looks significantly better than what you've already got.

Still, there are a lot of people out there happy to build websites for next to nix (thanks to those guys, for dragging down the average income of web designers everywhere), so who knows what'll happen.
  4. Oh, for what it's worth, a new logo and masthead would go a very long way toward making that site nice to look at. I'd be happy to do that for free as long as you aren't too fussy (fussiness isn't a problem, I deal with it daily - it just costs you money is all ;))! Shoot me a private message if you want to discuss it :)
  5. Agree with van, it has content etc.
    Just update it, rearrange, ditch the bloody frontpage theme currently have
    new logo. Looks like van has picked up the challenge.

Point him in the direction you want to go.

Nothing worse then some1 sayin "hey can you put my site together, but I dont know what i want"
  6. thanks guys, will pm van.

will discuss more detail and hosting
  7. Not just your industry mate, any bozo with a sewing machine is a "trimmer"! You try and to teh right thing, pay taxes, your super, and some dickhead works for $10/hr whilst on the dole!

Regards, Andrew.
  8. Oh yeah for sure, sorry haha, I didn't mean to give the impression that designers were the only ones suffering. Dodgy jackarses unfairly and massively undercutting legitimate businesses is a pain in the arse for everyone! :(
  9. Yeah, give anyone a digital camera these days and they become "Real Photographers" :p:p:p:p Right mattyB?????

10. To say nothing of "IT Consultants" :LOL: :LOL:

I remember putting out a tender some years ago. We got a lot of people from companies similar to what we used to call "The Kung Fu Computer Company of Springvale"... :LOL: :LOL:

Very cheap and very very nasty... :LOL:
  11. It's a well done site but for the flashing "Email" on the main page...
  12. have to get rid of that