Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Web browser login issues.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by FluffyDonkey, Sep 5, 2007.

1. OK here the deal, i cannot access certain login pages. worth a mention are ebay, hotmail, yahoo.

I have fully deleted both internet explorer and firefox and re-installed them and am having the same problem still. normal browsing is fine, i can look at anything on ebay i want as long as i don't have to try and login.

I have attempted to install opera 9.0 and 9.21 And the windows installer kepps fcuking up and not installing the program.

I have had a look online for some solutions but am out of ideas

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Are you at work ?

some workplaces block internet access to some sites like these.

Although they would normally completely block access - not just the login page.
  3. What are your details? I'll give it a go from here.
  4. nah i am at my house, and login works on other pc's on the same network so that rules out server problems.
  5. Security settings?

Perhaps your browser is blocking certain pages that have scripts?
  6. Not that either, its really odd because i can login here, another forum, my beermail.

But not ebay, yahoo, hotmail or netbank, for all these sites all 4 browsers i have tried are not even loading the login pages.

I am really lost on this one.
  7. I second what Vic said.

I'm guessing it's an issue with your encryption settings (or possibly public certificate) since those sites would most likely be using SSL/HTTPS for their login pages.
  8. Yeah they do, but the certificates are allowed and validated, i have checked over and over and they are all set correctly, and still no dice.
  9. Back after a windows re-install and firefox re-install.

Still the same problems.