Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Weather forecast for Saturday

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Sir Skuffy, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Hey all.

I have a customer in Warrnambool and the weather there is sunny and warm..... Apparently, their forecast is quite nice friday and saturday.....

2. Here is the satellite view of the weather....

http://au.weather.yahoo.com/images/aus_sat_440_dmy_y.html

You can clearly see that the clouds are currently PAST Warrnambool as my primary post identified. So, we are looking at great weather from Tonight through to Sunday mid afternoon

3. thanks David Brown - tell us whats going on with the hectopascals. :) :LOL:

4. Well Dan, I am glad you asked.

The hector pascals will be placed to good use when I arrive in Brisbane.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

5. hahaha
    you believe them blokes...?
    problem is, they don't look out the window :p

from www.bom.gov.au (these guys have windows...)
    Forecast for Melbourne Issued at 0804 on Thursday the 9th of June 2005

Thursday
    Cloudy periods with a little rain till mid morning. Chance of afternoon showers
    or a thunderstorm. Moderate to fresh northerly wind.

Max 20

Suburban Temperatures

Laverton Max 20 Yarra Glen Max 20
    Tullamarine Max 19 Mt Dandenong Max 16
    Watsonia Max 20 Scoresby Max 20
    Frankston Max 19 Geelong Max 20

Friday
    Windy. Rain developing. Min 13 Max 19

Saturday
    Rain easing. Min 12 Max 17

Sunday
    Fine. Min 11 Max 18

-------------------------------------
    Sunday is ride day..... :wink:

6. Hey Smitty, sorry, dont believe forcasts. :)

I rely on Satellite maps, they are REAL photo's I also rely on conatcts I have in Adelaide and Warrnambool for actual head out window forecasts. :)

So, I have $10 on my forecast being correct. :D

Also, they said light rain this morning heading to hard this afternoon and evenoing with storms..... Look out the window, it is happening NOW.... So, if we take into account the 12hour difference... SATURDAY is the day.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

7. 10c says Sunday is the best day...

8. Who's this Hector Pascal guy, is he related to Blaise Pascal, the famous French mathmetician, and inventor of the computer language???

9. Yes Hector was his illegitimate child

10. And didn't Hector Pascal go on to found a famous confectionary company making a large range of lollies and candies??

11.  Top
  12. what is that i see outside..... BLUE SKIES.... :D :D :D :D

13. Hey Sir Skuffy, better ring your mates in Warrnambool and tell them there's a rain band heading their way from Portland as we speak.

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR142.loop.shtml

I'm 19 floors up in a building in the city facing east and I see more grey or black clouds than blue ones out there.

14. 10c for Sunday as the best day still stands.

15. Blue clouds!! Man, the psychodelic colours...I want what your having...:LOL:

16. OK guys, an education in physics and fluid thermodynamics.

Look at this satellite link... http://au.weather.yahoo.com/images/aus_sat_440_dmy_y.html

Compare it to the two others I sent.
    - Clouds over Melb are gone
    - Couds forming over SW corner of WA are reducing
    - Wind flow is in a SE direction
    - Wind combined with cloud behaves as does water with reference to gradients and funneling
    - We will have some cloud, as you put is redicue of the storm front.

So, the weather Friday and saturday will be perfect. Whether sunday is warmer or not, cant tell.... But, the squals forming over the SW corner of Perth are two days away and may just come back up from thermal pressurisation from that big block of ice called the south pole.....

17. By the way, anyone have any sunscreen???? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

18. Lots of blue cloud out he window now :p

also notice the rain band out Portland way is disappearing fast.

Why don't public servants look out the window in the morning?
    To give them something to do in the afternoon.

5 minutes til I start my 4 day weekend. Gotta love Public Holidays and RDO's..................

19. Hey PVDA, they dont bloody look at the satellite's..... :LOL: :wink: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

20. I've updated my internet bookmarks to point to this thread instead of the BOM site, because Skuffs finger-in-the-air method seems vastly superior to the million dollar computer modelling software. :LOL: