Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Way OT: Windscreens

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by FormerUser2, Aug 29, 2005.

1. just doing a insurance claim for a new windcreen on the company cage...

04 VZ commodore exec

what is installed on them as stock
    Laminated, Plain, Full tint or Banded Tint? (thats the options on the claim form)

bikes are so much easier....double bubble please :)

Marty

2. Marty, double bubble iridium please...:LOL:

3. Just get 'em to bung a bubble on the Conformadore too.

I'm sure it'll work.

4. You came here for HELP????

Silly boy!

5. There is plenty of help here...if you want to get led up the proverbial creek without a paddle. :LOL:

6. Pretty sure it's going to be laminated if its a windscreen, and I don't think full tint is legal on winscreens. Do you remember whether or not it had a tinted band at the top? I'd be suprised if it didn't.

Laminated, banded tint.

Moike

(Of course, what I know about cars built after 1974 I learned from the back of a weeties box.....)

7. marty, surely Holdens should be able to tell you exactly what was fitted to the car by tracking its build number? And don't commodores have that clear panel below the dash line on the outside of the screen with numbers in it? I thought that was something to do with the windscreen? (Then again, maybe not.......)

8. Being serious (for a change) I think they are as follows.

Plain - just clear glass
    Laminated - Got that black speckled edge instead of tinting
    Banded Tint - Dark strip at top of windscreen
    Full Tint - All dark (and very illegal).

9. No, Laminated is shatterproof safety glass. It used to be an option, but I don't think a new vehicle has been built without is for quite some years, so nobody talks about it. (Like nobody says "colour TV" anymore.)