Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

way ot - email forwarders

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by roundabout, May 9, 2005.

1. ok, how the hell do these work (aside from just forwarding email, i get that bit)? Am just about to get a website together and apparently i will need an email forwarder. Can anyone provide me with a bit of a tutorial (or direct me to one)? I am so lost i don't even know what question/s to ask.

I have been recommended to use Horde, Neo or Squirrel. I can't find much information on these that means anything to me. Is there better to use?

2. yeah you just need to take off the fairing to install, apart from that you should be fine. :D :D
  3. my pc is naked, was too worried about dropping it to get the full fairing model
  4. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  5. You shouldn't at all, and it doesn't make sense that you do. I could be that the webiste host forwards all your email for *@mydomain.com to your ISP email address, but that's old school stuff. Maybe a bit more information and I can help further.
  6. Mine needs shin guards cause when it misbehaves I kick the bugger!
  7. so what your saying is you kick it every 5 minutes?
  8. Only reason to get one (forwarder, not fairing, shin guards etc) that I can think of at short notice is if the ISP hosting your web page is not the same as the ISP that hosts your email.

But... all ISP's include at least one email acct AFAIK, esp if the host a website.

Depending on your website, you may want to get the email forwarded to a pager/mobile etc???
  9. sorry everyone and thanks for your reply's, thought i had posted not to worry last night, worked out that i am an idiot, nothing to do with email forwarders