Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

way OT 13 months

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by roundabout, Nov 23, 2005.

1. that's how much leave i just got approved :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D 13 months of no work
    :D :D 13 months of sleeping in
    :D :D 13 months of not writing briefs
    :D :D 13 months of not writing reports
    :D :D 13 months of attending zero meetings

only problem is i will have no bike, so 13 months of not riding :(

sorry, a little excited by the prospect of 13 months to do whatever the fcuk i want

2. Could someone PLEASE lend this poor soul a bike?

3. in canada or maybe europe, but i'm not really fussy :D

4. I don't think you'd want to ride in Canada in winter.

Unless blue is your favourite colour. :LOL:

5. you forgot "truimphs off the road 13 months a year"

6. Paid leave?

Mine and the wife's current master plan is to both quit our jobs in August next year, take 3-4 months to cruise around Oz (hence the being on the lookout for a Beemer gs)

Sell the bike, fly to England, do the year working thing (both still under 30, working holiday visa). Then RTW ride back from London to Oz via, Europe, Africa, Russia & Asia, taking a year or two to do it.

7. unfortunately no not all of it, but i should have enough saved to be able to survive by working for 6 months in canada (yeh i lied about the not working for 13 months bit). the original plan was to ride alaska to chile and then asia and then europe, but i would have had to quit my job to do that, which i am not willing to do at the moment. so i'll just be bumming around north america for a while and then europe for the last 3 months.

the RTW from london would be very cool. you checked out horizons or adv?