Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Waving / Nodding again :-)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by VTRBob, Apr 1, 2007.

1. I know this has been done to death BUT

I have noticed a change since being up here in Coffs, and I must admit the 1st time I was like WTF did I just dream that ?

Seems its the way it should be up here, a bike is a bike regardless of
    Sports / Tourer / Scooter / Cruiser / Harley

Everyone wave or nods to everyone,
    My WTF moment you ask ?
    A 1%er not only nodded to me at the lights but started a brief conversation about the area / weather and its roads !
    Then alittle later on saw a few of his buddies coming up the highway and they ALL nodded as we past.

Now I dont hesitate and nod to one and all and ALWAYS get a return nod /wave

woo hoo I knew I moved here for a reason

Edit * only an observation about a change in rider attitudes since moving away from some of the stuck up 'lookatme' riders in the big citys. :LOL: :p

:shock: :LOL: :cool:
  2. Dont you just love it when people give that nod or wave of acknowlegdement. Its soooooooooooo curtious!!
  3. better than most of the stuck up snobs down here. I nod to all and sundry and seem to be getting less back as time goes by........

do I smell?

Is it me?

I'm not paranoid......who said I am?
  4. Actually I noticed the lack of nodding today bigtime. I headed up to the black spur around 3ish - most bikes were coming the opposite way... barely a nod. Oh well... at least I know I do it.
  5. haha i only nod at people with sport bikes coz i never get nods back from scooters and other bikes. ive gotten to a point where i only nod a sport bike riders coz i know that they will nod back.
  6. I've never been nodded at. How do you tell if they nod? Its a bit hard when you go past so fast.
  7. Even the cops nod here!
  8. I've only been getting about 50% return on nods lately. I put it down to the fact there is a whole lot of new riders on the road and they simply don't know to nod.
  9. Well thats a nice bonus you get for moving on up there Bob! [​IMG]

Not worth my while tho. You'd have to come up with far more
    positives than that matey. [​IMG]
  10. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
  11. Are you ? gee its nice to know your out of the closet and finaly willing to admit it. Dont worry we wont discriminate against you just because you keep trying to twist the throttle the wrong way.

:LOL: :p
  12. Agreed :wink:
  13. :eek:wned:

Welcome to the bush mate :LOL:
  14. Double gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Honestly, y'all got some kind of insecurity issues?

(Oh, and I am gay, so :p )
  15. i don't expect it on the spurs - i expect and hope, that they, like me, are concentrating on the corners, not other riders.

good news Bob. enjoy the newfound community and cameraderie :)
  16. I thought i wasn't getting nods back because i'm only a chick on a 2fiddy? I don't nod to Harley 'bikers' tho - bit intimidating. 8-[
  17. Heh.. I nod to everyone, don't matter if they nod back or not.

Okay so maybe when I'm too focused on the road I don't nod, but it's not because I don't care/have an attitude/that kinda stuff, more like because I've got the road/path/mapping on my mind.

Friendly is good. It's always nicer to have someone return the nod tho'.

And yeah, I'm on a 2-fiddy. :p
  18. +1, If I see you I will nod, I don't care what you ride, if you don't nod back...meh, I ain't losin any sleep over it. :p
  19. I got a the nod from the postie today as i was pulling out my driveway! :LOL:

I nod or wave to everyone, i don't care what they ride, makes no difference to me.

20. Folks, it doesn't really matter that much.