Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wats the cost of dropping a cruiser?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Mickeym, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Ok i know droping a fairing bike costs alot, and droping a naked bike isn't nearly as bad.

What would be the damage/costs of droping a crusier at low speeds?
  2. Chrome damage. You can't repaint chrome, and most deep scratches on chrome don't buff out either. Getting things rechromed usually isn't very cheap.
  3. I dropped my SRX a week back (side stand wasn't down properly and when i went to get on it collapsed). Broke an indicator lens, and bent the clutch and gear levers. gear lever could be bent back, but a new clutch lever was needed. Nothing scratched as far as i can tell.

Quite a bummer really, but could've been a lot worse - $19 in parts, and i couldn't ride it for a day, so i can't really complain.

Dropping it while it's moving would no doubt do more damage...

4. that all depends on the cruiser

a 1980 Yamaha SR 250 about $15 and the sound of applause.

a HD of any kind, a hell of alot more, but you still get the applause!
  5. does an SRX 600 even qualify as a cruiser ? im sure he was talking about something heavier than your granny and a hell of a lot louder :LOL:
  6. Well, no, it's not even close to a cruiser. Thought it might be useful to get an idea of the sort of damage you can expect though.

7. Dropped mine a few times, no-one clapped :LOL:
  8. hehe looking at a M50, 240kgs. (Or a Hyosung GV650, but bit scared off by the name and resale)

Honestly i can't see myself droping it, but as a first bike its info i needa know and something i needa keep in the back of my mind.
  9. It depends on what surface and speed naturally.

Paddock bashing on an old CBR - just got real dirty!
  10. Kawasaki's spare parts prices are not pretty. Dad did over $4600 worth of damage to my naked bike when he dropped it at <60km.
  11. now firebreather i gotta ask where u pulled that from? Just felt lonly and wanted to join in or have u droped an M50 before? :p

Ok so the main point here is just don't drop the thing, lol. Is it comman to drop a crusier? As when i sit on it even thogh it weights over 240kgs i don't feel like i would really drop it very easily, not like on sports bikes :oops:
  12. OT:
    Google for any replies to the question : "how long's a piece of string?"
    All the answers are there.