Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Waterproof overpants over boots

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Whitey, May 7, 2009.

1. Just wondering if the sizing of ankle openings in waterproof pants should allow for them to be put on over the boots while being worn. I have tried some on but with fully armoured boots they will not fit over. Is this normal or do you usually need to take off boots first, put waterproofs on, boots on, and then slip the pants over the tops. If I get caught out on the side of the road I don't really want to have to take boots off first.

2. Dude in my experience with puma roadsters I could drag the overpants over (Rjays - Large, bought these thinking I'll have easier access, I've only got a 32 inch waist!!) and it's a pain in the @$se.

Easier if you take the boots off first, still a pain in the @$se. Have now started Tiger angel element pants and waiting for delivery in 3-4 weeks. WOO -HOO!!
  3. If I have a nice height chair, I can work my rain pants on over my boots, but it is faster and easier to take the boots off.
  4. Hmmm.... caught out in a downpour on the side of the road all I have to do is find a chair at the right height and I'll be OK. Ha Ha. Think I will just rip the boots off and slip the pants over the top. Thanks all.