Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

waterproof claims

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by geeth, Apr 3, 2009.

1. I have noticed from various posts and use of my items that the a lot of the time the claim for an item to be water proof is bullshit.

I have a pair of dri-rider tourer boots, the keep the water out when it's just a mild shower, but with about 1 and a quarter hours in the rain yesterday for my ride home I ended up with my own portable puddle in them. I my bike pants over the top of the boot and my over pants over them leaving anything ankle up covered. So this item clearly isn't waterproof as it states.

I also have a pair of dri-rider nordic pants, again they make the 100% waterproof claim and again they fail in anything over a mild shower.

Though... I have a pair of RST Colorado gloves which also make the same claim and they kept the water out just fine... Until I put a wet hand in :oops:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a refund / exchange since the products are not waterproof as they claim.
    Also I am thinking of spraying the boots with a waterproofing agent for leather, though I don't think that I should have to since the claim is made pre-sale
  2. I'd say it would depend on how long you've owned the product.

My old man had a pair of dri-rider 'waterproof' pants and they also were useless in anything other than a light shower. He took them back to PS and kicked up a fuss about how useless they were and had them exchanged for a different brand straight away w/ price adjustment. Can't remember what the other brand was though, sorry.
  3. I have had the boots for 3 months, I am happy to exchange for another set of boots, because well I need boots :p