Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Waterproof bags

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by bulby, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Hi folks,

So I got myself a bungee cargo net from eBay for around $10. Not too sure how much it would stretch when I bought it. Long story short, I found that I'm probably stretching it to the max to fit in my 40L hiking backpack, but I'm guessing a 30L bag would fit just about right. It fits my helmet (full face) and gloves quite nicely though, if this means anything.

I've been looking at and reading about a number of waterproof 30L backpacks / rucksacks / duffle bags / dry bags / whatchamacallit. Still can't decide which brand to get and where from, so I thought I'd throw the question out here and see what you guys think :)

Does anyone here have any experience with the bag + cargo net combo? And do you guys have any recommendations / suggestions?

I'm planning to stuff the bag with my helmet & gloves when I'm away from the bike and the usual stuffs: mobile, wallet, etc. Oh, and a change of clothes for when I get to work. I'll probably try to squeeze in a visor too if I can do so without damaging it.

P.S. I do plan to do some light touring further down the track when I have more experience. (Helmet and gloves won't go in there when I'm touring, obviously).

Thanks.

2.  Top
  3. I've been using THIS since I got the bike through rain, hail and shine without any issues.

Pretty much fits all my daily stuff (rain pants, gloves, lunch, wallet, phone, spare t-shirt, socks etc) and more. Can be used as a causal travel bag, cabin luggage as well when travelling so money well spent. :D

4. ^^^ Winrar! Well... almost. It says water resistant, but not sure how water resistant. Rain here in Melbourne can be pretty nasty sometimes.

The crumpler won't fit a helmet, I don't think? :-k

I guess I can always get a few small-ish dry bags to work with the Joe Rocket backpack.

5. Why do you need to fit a helmet in? Just carry it around (if you dont have a helmet lock that is) - looks cool as well. I just lock my helmet at shopping centers and at work, I take it in. But I've seen a bag at PS Dandenong & Yamaha Seaford where there is lid like thing that allows you to latch your helmet to the bag. Check PS City - they might have that as well. If like it, then do a online search & buy it.

6. Carying the helmet around is what I'll be doing for now. Just thought it'd be more convenient to stuff it in a bag. Makes life a little easier. (I'm lazy) :p

But yeah. I don't really mind carrying the helmet around that much anyhow. I'll keep looking and see what I can find and let you guys know whatever I end up with =]