Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Water proof boot covers

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by bendy, May 12, 2011.

1. Hey, I am an apprentice, most days I have to drie to my bosses house before work and then drive to work in his van. I have water proof pants and jacket but im looking for something that I can just slip over my work boots to keep them dry. I have seen alot of covers with soles, etc but I'm not looking for that.

Any other tradesmen out there that can point me to the right product? Or similarly what do you use?

2. You could try a couple of plastic carrier bags fastened round your ankles with elastic bands. Mind you, like generations of bikers before you, you're likely to also find that it doesn't work.

I've largely given up and just resign myself to being squelchy all day when it rains.

3. welcome to NR.

4. put supermarket type plastic bags over your socks then put your boots on - that keeps your socks and your feet dry and when you get to your bosses place, change to a dry pair of boots.

This is also an excellent tip when touring in the wet. You might have wet boots but your feet will be dry and a lot more comfortable.

ps. what lowercase said...

5. I've tried that too and it's never worked for me either. I've just had to learn to live with trench foot.