Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

water inside visor

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by harvey, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Hi all, (think this is my first post)
    Last night I got caught in the rain and spent well over an hour riding home in it. Wasn't worried about the rain, or that it was getting dark, but had real trouble with my visor. The fogging up stopped once I got past the traffic lights, but I ended up with a whole lot of water drops inside my visor.

This was the first time I've been stuck in the rain for so long, so this hasn't happened before. Does this happen to others? Do I need to do something to my helmet? Or should I carry an umbrella :LOL:

Thanks for your comments.

2. Depends on the brand.

My old KBC didn't have the visor seal and visor actually touching so it leaks. My sheoi has that seal so it doesn't leak.

3. I get that sometimes, for me it happens one of two way:

1) A rain drop hits exactly in my vent and splashes onto my visor;

2) In heavy rain, if a drop hits just where the visor meets the helmet at the top, it can push through the seal.

4. Is it a dodgy helmet?

Perhaps I should add that it's a RXT Helmet. Looking at the forums, this brand doesn't seem to be getting much good press.

Perhaps I'll need to look at a different helmet for wet weather.

More shopping!!!!