Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Water in ZZR250

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by nooneuknow, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Hi guys,
    Quick question with the heat of summer well and truly hitting...
    How do I refill / top up water on zzr250?
    I dont even know where the bit is that i put it in?
    I know its on the right near the oil thing on cbr250rr, but on my zzr250 i cant see it?
    am i in the wrong spot?
    also, howoften should i do this?
    the temp doesnt usually go over half way on the gauge...

2. The overflow bottle is behind one of the rear fairings, think its on the left. So pull that off and just top up the bottle if needed.

3. ya the overflow tank is under the seat on the left hand side. the radiator cap is underneath the black bit at the front on the right hand side.

4. YEP and you usually don't use water except in emergencies. Get some coolant, you can get concentrate (you mix) and premixed. If you want the specs and haven't the owners manual let me know (just haven't got them with me).

Cheers

5. The water reservoir is under the fairing. I could fill mine without taking the fairing off by using something (like a screwdriver) poked through the hole in the fairing to turn the cap until it came off. The I had a funnel with a piece of tubing attached- I put the tubing through the top of the fairing into the reservoir and used the funnel to put the water in.Much quicker than removing the fairing. BTW- if you get the bike serviced regularly it really shouldn't need toping up all that often.

6. Missed a couple of bits, to check the coolant level there is a viewpoint on the left hand side (in a vent in the rear/seat faring) Basically if you can see coolant it's ok (the min level is at the bottom of the visible area) I have only ever had to topup mine, between services (6000k), when i had a radiator cap problem.