Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Water Cannons for NSW Police. lmao.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Jaqhama, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Oh boy, the fun we've been having at work with this ridiculous idea.
    A hot summer's day in Sydney's west, hey, let's have a riot, they'll bring the water cannon truck and we can all cool off.
    Imagine a picture in the Herald. Young men at say, Penrith, awaiting the arrival of the water cannon, dressed in board shorts and carrying boogie boards under their arms.
    Several guys dressed in scuba suits with tanks and masks on. Advancing towards the truck, taking big steps because of the flippers they are wearing.
    If someone can sketch a pic of this please do, we''ll forward it to a national newspaper.
    That moronic guy named I-emm-a dikhead or summat.
    We need a water cannon to combat future civil unrest.
    So he knows there will be future civil unrest does he?
    I live near Cronulla, that was not civil unrest, that was not a riot, that was some drunken yobbos out to cause trouble. Storm in a tea cup.
    But the cops had no idea what to do. In fact when you look back at it, you never once see a cop with a loudspeaker calling for calm. They'll pay $700,000 for a water cannon truck but don't have any loudspeakers?
    Not that I'm saying a loudspeaker would have made a diff but you get the idea I'm sure.
    They keep quoting the events at Cronulla to prove they need a water cannon.
    Note: You cannot use a water cannon in the CBD, too many glass windows, so it's useless for CBD streets, have they thought of that?
    Having spent time in Northern Ireland I'll tell you how you handle rioters;
    the frontline thugs causing trouble, throwing rocks etc, you stun them with a rubber bullet gun, a couple of cops run over, grab their arms, drag them back to police lines where they are handcuffed and arrested. That's it, easy, worked for the Brits for years. :cool:
    A water cannon arrests no one, it just makes them wet!
    I'm kinda hoping we can have a women only riot, biggest wet t-shirt contest in the world! :LOL:
    They're talking about Taser guns also, it will be electric cattle prods next, sorry I mean stun batons. (that's the polite name for an electric cattle prod when a policeman uses one, see.)
    All these things have no place in Sydney, NSW or Australia.
    This is not parts of South America, Northern Ireland, China, South Africa, or Indonesia.
    When students protest in Indoneasia they bring these things into play.
    When civil rights people protest in African countries, they bring these into play.
    How long before a protest march in Sydney, for whatever reason, against current Government policy requires these things be brought into play here also?
    Of course many reading this will say it will never happen here that way...Yeah, I expect they said that in some of those other countries as well!
    And those of you who said that, would have said we'd never see water cannons deployed against civilians in Sydney either yes?
    If I-emm-a-twit is so sure there will be future civil unrest then he and the rest of the Government needs to be looking at the reasons why NOW.
    Not when it's time to unleash a thinly veiled Government Enforcement Squad armed with water cannons and God knows what else!
    If I sound pissed about this I am, I never thought I'd see the day when the police would need this kind of equipment to control the people of Sydney.
    I'm off to find me old wet suit. :LOL:

2. OMG :LOL: :LOL: :rofl:
    thats the best reading at 4 in the morning hahahaha
  3. And let's not forget Water Restrictions!!!
    Maybe we can arrest I-emm-a-complete-muppet for breaching Sydney Water Board water restriction laws?

"Make sure you only douse protesters standing on grassed areas!"

We should all take our cars and bikes along, get a free Government sponsered car/bike wash.
    I'll bring the de-greaser, Troy can bring the car/bike shine.
    We'll make a killing.

Ya know I have a feeling this might be a good thing after all? :LOL:
  4. I have to ask - what the photon you guys doing up so late, (or up so early in the morning). Me, I'm at work, so I have a sane excuse...

As for water canon, I doubt that I'd like to be struck by one. Ask anyone who has used high pressure fire hoses what it's like to be accidentally hit with one. It hurts, and can knock you flying. Landing on concrete or bitumen, hitting kerbs etc. isn't exactly a pleasant experience, I'm told.
  5. hahahaha
    amen to that bro :LOL: :LOL:
    all we need is some girl who will wash in bikinis....
    we will find some hot guys for the woman as wel.......
    then we will be making so real money
  6. yeah im working as well...
    but imagine all the dirt that it will take of as well
    i dont think we will need any de-greaser either...
    but will probably do more damage to the paint then anything but what the hell lol
    :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Another use for motorcycle protection gear then.
    "I'm just taking the dog for a walk around Cronulla Oval dear."
    "Make sure you put ya bike gear on then darlin, oh and don't forget the helmet, you know what nasty things those new water cannons are."
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

MJT57: I'm at work also mate. I only do night-shift, 1800 to 0600hrs.
    Got to keep busy somehow. :LOL:
  8. unless they use 100% recycled treated sewage :LOL:
  9. I already surf and kayak and swim in the stuff they pump back into the ocean, what diff can it make? :twisted:
  10. eww that gross man...
    maybe start taking up skiing or somthing man...
    :shock: :LOL: :LOL:
  11. Yeah, I might take up motorcycling or summat? :cool:
  12. hahaha
    what about building a V8 powered bike??? :shock: :LOL: :LOL:
    then you will be soo :cool:
    and girls will be like posing semi naked on your bike... :woot:
  13. Your still imagining women ony riots and wet t-shirts aren't you mate?
    Semi naked indeed...it's everything or nothing if they pose on my bikes. :grin:
  14. mate is neally 5 and yup thats all im thinking off
    hey im fine with its all or nothing :grin:
    and i bet u would have to be in the picture as well yeah cause its ur bike.. :grin: :LOL: :LOL:
  15. You ain't getting a pic of me naked sport...LMAO :LOL: :LOL:
  16. hahahahahaha :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    narh bro you keep that one eye monster in your pants...
    wheres the boobies :LOL: :LOL:
  17. Last systems check and I'm off home. Night all.
  18. bugger i still got 2 hours
    safe ride / or drive
    see you tomorrow night hahaha :LOL:
  19. I'm not sure if water cannons would be much fun to be hit by. I have heard that in other parts of the world they lace the water with a chemical irritant - not harmful but will cause you to itch for several days. Be even more effective if they used some sort of dye - that way they can just "tag" the offenders and arrest them later on (or force them to hide indoors for a couple of weeks). Still I would hardly have thought this country had gotten to the point that such things would be necessary - most civil unrest here will stop when the beer runs out.
  20. Yeah I hope they've got one of those "Excepted Water Use Authorisation" Stickers on the truck...

He He, Riot police with super soakers...