Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Watch out for yourselves, everyone!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by sonja, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had an absolutely :shock: :shock: :shock: moment on my way home just now.

I live maybe 5 minutes from my mum, and on the way home, I left-turned through a roundabout onto a 60k road (very wide) and had to slow down. There were 2 white 4WDs ahead of me, and one was pulling way over to the left, doing about 20k. That was fine by me, though I was curious as to why.

Turned out that a man was pushing his wheelie bin up the middle of the road. :?

I thought that was a bit stupid, but hey, it was a wide road etc.

Then I see a third white 4WD, obviously NOT doing 60 (doing more like 80) coming up, aiming right for the bloke with the wheelie bin!!! He swerved back right at the last second. :eek:

I realised a bit after that if the 4WD had made one tiny little mistake, both man and bin would have hit me face-first!

I just can't understand this behaviour.

Be safe out there, and expect the unexpected.

(a very rattled)

2. Look, I'm sure he did his best, but sometimes you miss no matter how hard you try.
  3. :LOL: :LOL:
  4. i see your 2 and raise you by 1
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sorry sonja, i could write that down as a near miss in my preliminary incident report book. oh, you aren't a southern asphalter... :)
  5. I gotta get in on this one, that was great!!
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

5 LOLs!!!
  6. I see your 5 lols :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And raise you two rofls :rofl: :rofl:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.