Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Watch out for those Aquarians!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by TonyE, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Watch out for the Aquarians... :LOL:

2. Saw this on the morning show the other day. Yay i'm a virgo!!! :)

3. I haven't studied Statistics, but those figures don't appear to have a decisive/significant deviation across the starsigns.

Still great for a laugh, though, thanks. :LOL:

4. Go librans! If we crash, we don't leave much left!

5. Being married to an Aquarian it's good ammunition too.... :LOL: :LOL:

6. given the small differences it looks like random statistical variation to me.

also, total rubbish. :p

7. Of course it is - It's also a lot of fun stirring up the Aquarians around the place. We seem to have several of them wotking here. Especially when you suggest to them that it's because Aquarians are basically a bunch of stoned out hippies who don't pay attention... :LOL: :LOL:

The 60's have a lot to answer for... :p

8. +1

I just recently proved that theory the other week - my car was a write off.

I'm not complaining - the other dude was at fault and has practically funded my overseas trip!

9. No-one seriously believes in that stuff, do they?

10. Aaaaaaaaactually, I do remember reading in the news that a study/research paper had found that there is a general trend in demeanor, etc, for people born in the northern hemisphere at certain times of the year.

Which would give astrology some weight, except that the trend is 6 months 'opposite' in the southern hemisphere... Ie: it follows the summer/winter seasons, not the calendar itself. And greatly lessened in places which don't have a huge seasonal weather variation.

Edit: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/12/04/2109450.htm

11. what a load of crap, I'm an Aquarian and I've only ever had three car crashes in my life :LOL:

12. bring out the tinfoilhats to protect us all.

13. Note: these statistics are MEANINGLESS unless all of our population is perfectly, evenly divided into the various star-sign groups.

Obviously, if there are more of PersonX in the population, then PeopleX will be more highly represented in any activities with a high rate of general participation.

In conclusion:

This is a load of bullshit.

How disappointing from an insurance company, who sets prices by statistical analysis.

I weep for our premiums.

14.  Top
  15. As a Libran (the group with lowest statistic) I chose to believe this was a perfectly conducted, scientifically sound and deeply meaningful piece of research. Thanks!