Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

wasp sting. oh bugger this hurts!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by slowmark, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just got stung by a wasp.
    owwwwwwww. 1 minute from home too. oh bloody hell!!!!! just thought i'd open my jacket a bit. faaaaarrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk mee!
    just did stingoes and a cold pack. on my chest.... how long does the the sting last for????????????
    ah shite. was gonna goto the northcote social club too. theres a good band on tonite.
    anyone else been stung? :( :( :(

2. Been stung before hurts like someone stabbed you with a red hot knife.
    bear with it htfu and go out and have fun tonight it won't last forever.

3. Several times (including twice on the same ride).
    Just have to learn to ignore the pain, you get used to it after a while.

4. onto my 3rd cvecklosavkian budweiser. either the sting is fading or i'm getting drunk. :grin:

5. I got stung by an angry pack of wasps once. I think I was 8 at the time, and I must have squealed like a girl. NEVER poke their nest with a stick.
    Mum gave me a tub of ice cream though, so maybe that's what you need :LOL:.

6. yeah yeah, pain, wasp all that, more importantly who's on at the social club tonight? :grin:

7. coda. think it,'s 12 bucks. :)

8. That's the spirit :grin:
    beer1.

9. No, this is the spirit:
    aVf2iSr.
    :LOL:

10. Bah, not even close.
    This is more like it:
    EagleRare10yo.
    =P~

11. :rofl: I only replied to a post here on this subject yesterday. Extremely painful to say the least, but it does eventually subside. I'd still go to the social club :wink: .

12. Budweiser??

Sting must be fading.

13. I was riding around in the cook islands just minding my own business when I got whacked in the throat by a wasp. I never reached so quickly to grab something in my life. :p

Shitty deal.

14. So....... It only stung you the once?

15.  Top
  16. I was stug repeatedly by a european wasp that managed to climb into the front of my boot while I was riding. Indeed, the pain was fcuking intense! The wound on my shin was there for weeks but for most of that time it was only (really fcuking) itchy. The pain had gone after a couple of days.

Suck it up.... it's all part of the game. :)

17. am i the only person to think telfast?

antihistamine?

ring a bell at all? my allergy to bees means i normally have some close by. it was suggested at one time i carry an epi pen but meh, lazy

18. A friend of mine was stung in the middle of the forehead, like where Indian woman have their hotdot, and he couldn't see for 3 days! It was then he discovered he is allergic to them. His face swelled up like the elephant man!

19. Been stung be a european wasp on the hand once. Couldn't use it for about a week.
    I found out that day I am allergic