Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Washer/spacer left over from Rear wheel.

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Bigjula, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Ok so I had to replace my chain as it had a couple of stiff spots that could not be loosened and as I took off the back wheel and the sprocket off the wheel the spacers and bits fell everywhere. I put it back together but couldn't work out where this piece went. Even with the manual handy. I have included a pic of the piece which I broke putting back in. As well as the diagram in the haynes manual. the Washer/spacer is made from a type of rubber or neoprene. Can anyone tell me which number part it is on the diagram? I guess it's pretty important but can I ride to the dealer to get the part?
    I think it is part 14? Anyone?

Attached Files:

2. It's a clamari ring. Dip it in bread crumbs and fry it.

Wouldn't be #14 would it?
  3. Work backwards, grab a part and identify it , eventually there will be a number left over...
  4. The nylon insert from the Nyloc nut?
  5. How big is it?
    Doubt it's part 14, which appears to be a flat metal washer. It's buggered, whatever it is - you weren't going to put it back in that condition were you?
  6. I rekon it's '13' the bearing seal.
  7. yep, it's a rooted bearing seal. bin it and ride on.
  8. The bike rides fine without it. No grinding, smoke, squeals or sparks. Will ask the local bike shop if they have one similar and I'll stick it in position 13 or 14 and see how she goes. As long as it don't lock up on me I'll be sweet.
  9. Still looks more like calamari than a seal, but who knows, I've never eaten seal.
  10. Looks like #13 to me...
  11. OMG not another Peter Stevens bashing thread!! come on!

oh wait ;)