Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wasabi gets a brazilian

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Oldmaid, Nov 25, 2015.

The only ride Oldmaid is going to get

Poll closed Dec 6, 2015.
  1. Kwaka zx10r

2 vote(s)
  2. Striple

6 vote(s)
  3. Daytona

3 vote(s)
  4. Kymco 100

4 vote(s)
  5. Kwaka z800

0 vote(s)
  6. BMW 800GS

1 vote(s)
  7. Kwaka ninja 650

4 vote(s)
  8. Kwaka ninja 1000

4 vote(s)
  9. Kwaka z1000

7 vote(s)
  10. None lf the above- reckon she is full of bullshit

3 vote(s)
  1. #1 Oldmaid, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    so Wasabi lost her poobs today. Do you know it was really painful in a way?
    We had a strange ride as our last day on Poobs yesterday. But today was just very Alice in Wonderland for me.
    I raced out of the hospital at 1100 ish to go to the Port RMS. Whizzed in got served straight away. Was told because I have an exemplary driving record (pa I'm just a tin arse tbh) I got a five year license for $87 smakeroos.Noice.
    I looked at the bit of paper that represented so much that has happened to me and others in my life over the past 12 months that I veered from elation to regret to ecstacy to sorrow in the space of 5 mins.
    I sat in the circus car looking at the letters CU RU and tried to describe what those letters meant to me.
    Too much? Not enough? Am I mental (okay more than usual) for getting the bike I am? Doubts descended on me like a full duck eiderdown.
    I actually had a little cry because learning to ride has represented so so much more than darlin Wasabi.
    I am actually crying whilst I am typing this and I am not so sure why. Time for the meds and a bullet!
    So poobs going

Tonight I went for a quick ride sans poobs and funnily, I actually felt a greater sense of ?responsibility now, it was like having a p plate forgave me any riding errors and supplied an alibi for my occasional stupidity.
    This was the Lake Innes winery.
    I have learnt so much about myself at the ripe old age of 54, about control (which I struggle with), about social media through NR ( which I am scared of), about being more aware of your surroundings but most of all, li'l Wasabi and riding has provided me with a wonderful exilharating escape from most parts of me and my life. It was timely. Riding makes me always focus on the moment and for that time, not wallow in the past like a fat old rhino in mud.
    This weekend will be the last time Wasabi and I ride the Oxley together weather permitting. She'll be transported back to Sydney next week as I decided to trade her.

So I toast Wasabi, riding and my NR comrades (and foes) because being able to (over)share my journey has often been cathartic and sometimes soooo pathetic.
    Wasabi was only allowed a taste me going the whole bottle as better to have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy (although that may be on the cards!)
    image. image.
    But some of you on NR honestly have no idea how crucial your supportive, kind, funny, teasing and honest comments to me have been during my self-induced dark dark moments. I won't embarass you by naming you guys but I always send good karma your way.
    • Like Like x 28
    • Winner Winner x 27
  2. Great post Miss Jane!! We've got your back here on Netrider: looking forward to the next chapter.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. If only I could give you several stars.... CONGRATULATIONS OldmaidOldmaid! The day has finally come :woot::D(y)!

It has been one heck of an adventure for you, and one amazing year with all the ups and downs. I think you are a National Treasure of this forum, life became dull while you were away for a bit ;)

Enjoy this freedom, you worked bloody hard to get where you are now, well deserved! All the best on your riding journey girlfriend. Stay safe for many years to come. I hope we cross paths one day, and I look forward to an opportunity to ride with you one day! Will raise a shot of Vodka for you (a bit short on a champaign here :p)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Congratulations be proud, I look forward to my turn lining up in the RMS. Well expressed, your sentiment is shared and understood for sure.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Congratulations, you've come a long way as a rider in a short time. From student to tutor in a few short months.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Great little write up. Congrats on your graduation. Sometimes I wish they had made me wear P plates here in QLD so people would know when I stuff up is because I'm a noob - and maybe get off my tail, but I doubt that with most QLD drivers hurry for their spot in the McDonalds drive thru.

Hope your next bike provides you as much joy as Wasabi (cool name) has.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Congrats OldmaidOldmaid well done and one day when the time is right we may get to share a road and a ride through the lovely twisties that are part of your backyard.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Congratulations, OldmaidOldmaid !

It's been a pleasure watching the latter part of your journey over the last few months since I've signed up for this forum.

Don't stop the stories now that you're all grown up though :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks everyone, really. I sort of feel like I have won some sort of lottery getting this far.
    I often nearly gave up more becuase of my stupid demons than for any other reason.

That feeling of the wind on your face with your visor up, that feeling for me when I do those continuous S corners on the Oxley-I just giggle like a little kid- and we ALL need that innocent fun laugh.
    That feeling of acceleration under you. Everything you get to see, even other riders acknowledging you, nailing a corner, seeing your chicken tenders finally going, being able to get your bike gear on in less than an hour...
    I just can't give all that up for a while to come yet.
    Wasabi, my li'l darlin, she will be well loved by another new rider who we will welcome into the fold.
    And my new steed and I will make lots of lovely new memories and experiences, hopefully in Victoria as well!
    Thank you NR I raise my glass to you all :shy:
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Thanks for the reports. You have described very well that special mood that comes with going out on two wheels............... there is just nothing like it!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Congrats!! You know losing the P plate adds another 5 HP right!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Sorry Fruechtel my goodvfriend Moet and I are slurring our fingers when we type.:notworthy::wideyed:
  13. Ha I am impulsive that would be the kindest of descriptions and I have really harnessed the gee gees to the next ride:bored:
    Giddy up.
    Holy sheeeeeet :wtf:
  14. I fully understand, when my relationship with Hennessy XO does produce the same results at times :troll:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Added another 5HP for you :sneaky:

old maid.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Good one Oldmaid.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Salute..

And congrats..
    • Like Like x 1
  18. you didn't get your P's until 54??????????????????
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Awesome feeling isnt it? Congrats
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Congratulations :) wishing you many more happy unrestricted miles
    • Like Like x 1