Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Warragul Safeway warning

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Doch, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Just thought I'd pass this on, the Safeway petrol station in Warragul had its Premium Unleaded tank topped up with Diesel.

2. What the .........?

How did that happen?

3. ...Ouch.

4. The petrol tanker driver hooked the wrong hose up to the wrong tank.

Stupid thing to do, not common but it isn't the first time that sort of thing has happened.

The ones I've heard about have been mixing 98 with 95 or 91 (or vice versa).

Diesel makes the problem worse though.

5. It's a long way to go for fuel, but the Harley riders will be happy.

6. THIS POST WINS THE THREAD!!!

:D:D

gold.

7. That explains how cars spit engines with dirty fuel & cant understand how it happened..........

8. Community Service Announcement

Be extra careful when putting diesel in your bike!

If you spill some, it will make the ground really slippery, and that's super duper dangerous!

9. I would have thought that would be the LEAST of your problems if you filled your tank with diesel!

10. Ah Ktulu... so much talent, so little appreciation ;)

11. the good thing is, that diesel and petrol have different bulk densities, and therefore would be a simple fix.

12. This actually happens more than you would think and fuels are mixed a lot more than you would think as well. Diesel in an unleaded tank is not the best combination though so they will get a pump and just pump it from one tank to the other. If it was the other way round with unleaded in the diesel tank then they would just top up the tank to capacity with some more diesel and sell it like that.

That said depending on the servo sometimes it can take a day or two for them to organise a pump and get the tank emptied.

13. ha..ha.. post of the year already! :LOL:

14. Won't the unleaded fowl the spark plugs in the diesel engine??

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

15. This same thing happened at a servo close to me next to the pines, templestowe. According to the local news paper, many cars got fcuked. One woman with a brand new BMW reported the car jerking constantly, blowing out massive amounts of smoke, and then eventually dying. I'd hate to think of the repair bill.

16. That's what I've heard too! :grin:

17. It doesn't give one much faith in our "service" centres.

Surely they could have different fuel tank holes for the different fuels so that they can't mix them up accidentally (like we have different size nozzles for filling our vehicles).

Of course this doesn't fix the deliberate incidences.

18. Nah, but it might make the glow plugs fade. ;)

19. i'd be more worried about the johnson rod failing.

20. Why would they need that? They're professionals... :roll: