Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Warning Speed Camera

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by sirprice, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Whilst travelling along the Mornington freeway this arvo I saw what looked like 2 headlights peering from the bushes facing oncoming traffic , so until I was sure WTF, I as all other traffic slowed right down to well below the limit . Well we wouldnt want to meet some dick head coming head onto us . :(
    Upon reaching the said headlights it was Mr Plod with a speed camera hanging out of the window. :LOL:
    Bright boy would not have filled his quota this arvo with a warning like 2 headlights on main beam .
    He did tho ensure that no speeding infringments occured on that part of the freeway. :grin:

2. Whereabouts Sir P?
  3. I think you'll find it was a radar unit and not a camera as there are no handheld Safety Camera's used in Victoria.
  4. +1
    it would have been a radar/lidar unit not a speed camera.
    cops in vic don't use speed cameras, private operators under contract do the job.